As I lay here in the sage, the sun kisses my skin. The ground smelled faintly of rain and I was happy.
To everyone who says a white person ‘cannot know what it is like to be a racial minority.’
When I lived in Nepal, I was a racial minority. When I lived in Japan, I was a racial minority. When I lived in Hong Kong, I was a racial minority. When I lived in Streatham, I was a racial…
Being a statistical minority does not mean white people are not the dominant culture.
See: every colonization and colonial government anywhere.
See: statistics that show that despite being a statistical minority, white people are still hold economic and political power in South Africa.
- Black south Africans are more than 80% of the population but directly control less than 10% of stocks in the Johannesburg Stock market, the vast majority is still controlled by white South Africans who constitute less than 10% of South Africa’s population.
- There are OVER 8 TIMES AS MANY black Africans in South Africa as white people but the size of the “black middle class” (now a little over 4 million, up from 1.7 million in 2004) only JUST passed the size of the white middle class (3 million, up from 2.8 million in 2004)
- Wait, let’s do some math with that last one. Oh that means that 65% OF WHITE SOUTH AFRICANS ARE MIDDLE CLASS WHILE ONLY 12% OF BLACK AFRICANS ARE
- Depending on the statistics you look at, DESPITE BEING OVER 80% OF THE POPULATION, BLACK SOUTH AFRICANS ONLY OWN BETWEEN 13-50% OF THE LAND. Again vast disproportionate ownership by white South Africans.
- White south Africans households earn MORE THAN 6 TIMES AS MUCH as black South African households.
- The wage gap between black and white South Africans is MORE THAN 10 TIMES HIGHER than it is in the US, and white South Africans continue to have tremendous privilege in labor markets JUST FOR BEING WHITE
You really shouldn’t try to play ‘gotcha’ when you don’t even know what you’re talking about.
Finally done(-ish)!! My contribution to andythelemon's Rule 63 Project (take a lead male protagonist and genderbend them as a female character), featuring Luke Skywalker from Star Wars! or Lucy Skywalker, perhaps? Luke is one of my absolute favourite protagonists, so I just couldn’t resist :D
In the end I couldn’t decide on what scene to draw, so ended up sketching out a couple of moments from each movie in the OT :) I’m sorry for the randomness of these… This was a really fun project and a great idea, thank you for organising it Andy!
Also would’ve liked…
"Like my mother before me"
Either way, this is badass.
^ i was waiting for that
wow i thought foxes were supposed to be dangerous but really they’re just tiny ginger dogs
Wrong but right on the ginger part. they have no souls
How to break out of a zip-tie- potentially life-saving information
You guys, please share it. You never know when someone is going to need this information.
PLEASE reblog this— zipties are one of the most common ways of binding a person upon kidnapping because they are cheap and hard to break.
Knowing things like this puts you one step closer to freedom if, heaven forbid, you fall into a situation where you need to use this information.
its like 50 seconds everybody should watch
the same thing can be said in every day ventures.
martial arts, let it seep into your every being